Research & development FMI
F.M.I.’s laboratory primary activity is the developing of new products and solutions able to face the challenges coming from the market.
We offer highly technical solutions in terms of new materials, optimization and monitoring of manufacturing processes, material testing methods and data management.
Experience, continuous improvements and update training courses allow our laboratory to satisfy our customers needs also in terms of customized solutions.
X-Ray Portable Tester
Positive Material Identification: Evaluation of chemical composition for quality check of incoming and outcoming alloys and metals.
ISE Ion Selective Electrode
-Leachable Chloride, Fluoride in graphites
(ASTM F 1277-C876)
-Total sulphur determination in graphites (internal method: High temperature samples treatment in oxidizing atmosphere followed by lead tritration of sulphates).
TGA (Thermogravimetric analisys)
- Relative composition determination;
- Thermal degradation behaviour;
- Thermal hystory
- Thermal stability in different chemical atmospheres
DSC (differential scanning calorimetry)
- Polymer matrix identification;
- Heath of fusion;
- Polymer Cristallinity;
- Melting temperature.
- Chemical, physical and mechanical analysis laboratory;
- Assessment and analysis of the risk factors due to gasket yielding.
- Consultancy in sealing systems and gaskets design;
- Design and manufacturing of special and out-of the standard gaskets.